[Gnumed-devel] interoperability with medical record software

From: ihaywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] interoperability with medical record software
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:50:32 +0800

Hello,

My name is Ian Haywood, I am one of the developers for GNUmed
(www.gnumed.org) which is an open-source medical records program
currently in development.
At some point we hope to be able to provide an electronic medical
record on Linux clients and servers for Australian doctors.
It would be very useful if we could interoperate with your software,
Insight.

What features does Insight have for interoperating with medical
records software?
In particular, is there any way Insight can signal the EMR
to load a booked patient when they arrive?

Alternatively, would you let us see your database definitions
so that our client can query the MySQL/PostgreSQL database running
Insight to gather this data?

Thanks,

Dr. Ian Haywood