Re: [Gnumed-devel] oscar fiddling

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] oscar fiddling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:24:21 -0700

On Jun 29, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Syan Tan wrote:

after some fiddling , got the cvs oscar to work on my debian testing system.
Thanks
used the tomcat5 package in debian, but using the sun jdk .
Is the above version (tomcat5) from unstable?
then need to copy oscar_mcmaster/build/ war files to the /usr/shar/ tomcat5/webapps/ directory,
Did you also need to modify server.xml paths to usr/share/tomcat5/ ?

finally copy oscar_mcmaster.properties as  /root/oscar.properties
not usr/share/tomcat5/ ?

One problem was logging in , because the passwords are stored as StringBuffer.toString() conversions of byte arrays

created from MessageDigest.getInstance("sha") , which converts to some hyphenated number, which is then

stored in the password field of the  oscar_mcmaster.security table .

How was the above a problem... was it because you had been hoping to read or directly over-write the password value? I did notice that in a standard (default) oscar installation, it is only the login oscardoc that is enabled whereas the userids administrator and reception do not come pre-assigned as having rights to log in.