Re: [Gnumed-devel] oscar fiddling

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] oscar fiddling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:45:15 +0800

I couldn't find the password.

On Fri Jun 30 1:24 , James Busser sent:

On Jun 29, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Syan Tan wrote:

> after some fiddling , got the cvs oscar to work on my debian
> testing system.
Thanks
> used the tomcat5 package in debian, but using the sun jdk .
Is the above version (tomcat5) from unstable?
> then need to copy oscar_mcmaster/build/ war files to the /usr/shar/
> tomcat5/webapps/ directory,
Did you also need to modify server.xml paths to usr/share/tomcat5/ ?

> finally copy oscar_mcmaster.properties as /root/oscar.properties
not usr/share/tomcat5/ ?

> One problem was logging in , because the passwords are stored as
> StringBuffer.toString() conversions of byte arrays
>
> created from MessageDigest.getInstance("sha") , which converts to
> some hyphenated number, which is then
>
> stored in the password field of the oscar_mcmaster.security table .

How was the above a problem... was it because you had been hoping to
read or directly over-write the password value? I did notice that in
a standard (default) oscar installation, it is only the login
oscardoc that is enabled whereas the userids administrator and
reception do not come pre-assigned as having rights to log in.