[Gnumed-devel] locale/config ?

From: Linux Surd
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] locale/config ?
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 01:01:39 -0400

Hello from New Jersey.

I recently installed from CVS and the backend on FC5. I wanted to see if I can connect to the public database first... but ran out of luck. I get the following message:
[ERROR] (/home/gmadm/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG.py:address@hidden): query [set client_encoding to 'utf']
[PANIC] (/home/gmadm/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG.py:address@hidden): cannot set string-on-the-wire client_encoding on connection to [utf], this would likely lead to data corruption

I tried to hack it with "en_US.UTF-8' but still the same thing. I tried to look in the archive but maybe didn't look hard enough :-)

If anyone can be kind enough to tell me what to configure. I'm not very familiar with the project as yet and new to python... as yet, so excuse me....

Thanks in advance.

linuxsurd