[Gnumed-devel] Bugs in your doccie stuff

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Bugs in your doccie stuff
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:35:44 +1000

Hi Karsten et al,

Yes, I'm still lurking.

Downloaded your latest version today and ran it.

Still buggie all over, but however this one may be of interest to you because
I beleive you use the doc stuff yourself:

1) Loaded myself as the patient
2) went to docs', imported * 3 letters from my file server
3) Went to Inbox, looked at some of KK stuff - double clicked to see details -
it loaded him as a patient
4) Went to Docs (visually my 3*docs still in the window)
5) Entered some text in the area underneath and an episode in the
textboxes.and saved
6) The history shows it has now attatched the three letters that I loaded for
me as a patient into Kirks medical record.

Interestingly there is no record in the progress notes that the user imported
any documents for the patient - perhaps by design.

Just in case you are interested in what I've been doing for the last few
months (not programming!!!!), I've been torture testing a number of medical
record programs in use in Aus/NZ, on behalf of our local Division of General
Practice, have to present a 2 hr talk to them this friday.

Intersting process. On a virtual win2000 machine on my linux box, I had
running concurrently MSQL server/Interbase + the 4 programs. Went right into
the program flow/bugs/speed/accuracy/company response to problems etc.
Entered identical consultations side by side into each program at the same
time - assessed the workflow and which programs kept things accurately.

All this has done is re-inforce to me that open source medical record should
be the way to go.

Regards

Good luck

richard