Re: [Gnumed-devel] Bugs in your doccie stuff

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Bugs in your doccie stuff
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:31:46 +0200

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 01:35:44PM +1000, Richard wrote:

> 1) Loaded myself as the patient
> 2) went to docs', imported * 3 letters from my file server
Judging by 4) you did not *import* those 3 letters. What you
did was *preparing* them for import into the record of the
patient that will be active when you press "save".

> 3) Went to Inbox, looked at some of KK stuff - double clicked to see details
> -
> it loaded him as a patient
> 4) Went to Docs (visually my 3*docs still in the window)
> 5) Entered some text in the area underneath and an episode in the
> textboxes.and saved
> 6) The history shows it has now attatched the three letters that I loaded for
> me as a patient into Kirks medical record.
As explained above this is to be expected. However, I fully
agree this is a usability bug because it is surely not what
one would expect. This already is a TODO, BTW: clean out the
import-docs plugin on patient change.

The underlying concept is "Any data you see always belongs
to the active patient." - unless explicitely labelled
differently such as in the provider inbox.

I will increase the priority on this.

> Interestingly there is no record in the progress notes that the user imported
> any documents for the patient - perhaps by design.
Good idea. I didn't think of that. Any suggestions for the
wording of the entry ?

> Just in case you are interested in what I've been doing for the last few
> months (not programming!!!!), I've been torture testing a number of medical
> record programs in use in Aus/NZ, on behalf of our local Division of General
> Practice, have to present a 2 hr talk to them this friday.
Can you make this talk available somehow ?

Thanks for reporting your experience !