[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed whereever you go

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed whereever you go
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:50:47 +0100

I came across portableapps.com and knew this would be useful some day. Those
MS Windows machines at work never have the right apps installed. Firefox is
alway missing as well as OpenOffice. So running those from USB is the way
out.

But there is more. Why not run our beloved GNUmed off an USB drive on any
Windows box you come across. I hear you saying. What about those dependencies
like python and wxpython ? Worry no more. I took care of that.

We now have GNUmed running directly off an USB drive, iPod or whatever.

Next challenge is to build a portable postgresql ... :-)

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany