Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac OSX

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac OSX
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 07:29:20 +0800

it is what debian installs, and runs out of /var/www/webgnumed_test1 .
The apache used is apache2, which has an Include in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
which looks inside /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ for further configuration files,
(any file), which the default is 000-default.
According to the tutorial in apache2 mod_python  docs package, a line
is added to add a module handler for .py files, which is the
PythonPublisherHandler;
publisher handler transfers the last part of a url which follows a .py part of
the url as a function name, and the parameters will be a req(uest) object, and
any form input fields will come has further parameters for the function.
The tutorial shows that mod_python can be used as the action handlers of
html form tags,  e.g.
<form action="myapp/handler/monolithic.py/func1" type="POST">
... </form>
and the ui is still html pages.  In order to return dynamic web pages,
the req.write(..) function can be used within a handler function, to write
parts of the web page, otherwise static pages can be done by opening a file
and returning its contents in the return statement of the function.
So to do a part static/dynamic page, one could use unique tags within a
html page template, and have them occur at the start of the line, and use
the  " for line in file('filename.html', 'r'):" and req.write each line,look for
the tag,
then insert the dynamic content there, then continue to req.write the rest.

This is sort of minimal dependency templating . You can also use the psp feature
as well, but then some your python code ends up in psp pages, and some of it
ends up in handlers.

One tricky bit was that once you enter the first python function, req.writing
or returning further html pages, those pages should use function names as
urls without the "myapp/monolithic.py/ " part, as this seems stuck in the
req object as a prefix to urls .

hope that helps. I need to call some environment function in python to
find out what environment exists ; I so far haven't bothered , and just
stuck a "BASEDIR" global variable at the start of the script,
so that html files can be found by absolute pathnames.
I used soft links in the /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages directly to
soft link "Gnumed" to the client directory in my home directory.
I tried importing other scripts within the /var/www.. script, but it
can't find it, even though it is in the same directory, so it only
seems to be easy to import installed python packages.

On Sun Feb  4 23:06 , Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> sent: