[Gnumed-devel] privacy - upgrading and bootstrapping postgresql

From: Ruthard Baudach
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] privacy - upgrading and bootstrapping postgresql
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:59:38 +0100

In the Wiki Todo List I found:

active patient privacy dilemma

find a sane way to prevent patients waiting in the exam room to freely glance at other people's details

The only sane way I can think of is a locked screensaver or automated screen-lock. This should be standard in all examination rooms, and is a matter of OS-settings rather than application. (By the way - where is the lockable screensaver in MSWindows XYZ?? - as far as I know there is none). It would be great if someone would implement a locked screen- or at least "frame"-saver in Gnumed. I've got still just an idea of how python works.

Installing the prerequisites on SuSE 10.1:

All but psycopg2 are part of the Distribution and can be installed with yast. In order to install the downloaded psycopg2 package the SuSE python-devel rpm has to be installed, too, in order to provide the distutils of python.
pg_hba.conf and pg_ident.conf can be found in /var/lib/pgsql.conf on SuSE

Bootstrapping the server and upgrading to gnumed_v5:

To pg_hba.conf the lines:
local     gnumed_v[NumberOfVersion]     postgres ident  postgres-alikes

must be added prior to upgrading, and to avoid several frustrating retries we should remember to load this configuration with pg_ctl reload. I do know that now.

Allergy management:

the current check-out shows only the first 6 letters of the allergenic agent, and is not well readable: "parace,Penici" instead of "paracetamol, Penicillin". For mouse lovers it would be a nice shortcut to raise the Allergy Management Widget by clicking on the caveat-field.

Using keys, on the other hand, it would be nice to be able to change quickly through the notebook-tabs. If the F-keys are still unused in Gnumed, they could be assigned to the tabs (and Ctrl+F could be assigned to subtabs at the upper part of the panel, creating a sort of "grahical key shortcut"

This could be indeed a good idea - the Alt, Ctrl and Shift key raise up from the whitespace key, F1 to F10 or F12 from left to right.

Thus Tabs at the bottom are F1 to 12, Buttons at the botton Alt+F1 - Alt+F12, Buttons at the top Strg+F1 to Strg+F12, and Tabs at the Top Shift F1 to F 12. I just looked at the edit demographics panel with a 3 tabs at the top and 2 buttons at the bottom.

Well, just an idea.

Ruthard Baudach

---
.odt - Dokumente gemäß ISO 26300