Re: [Gnumed-devel] doing more than playing around

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] doing more than playing around
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 00:41:05 +0200

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:09:55PM +0200, Ruthard Baudach wrote:

> Well, At the moment I#m content playing around and getting accustumed to
> python and SQL,
That's fine. We appreciate people actively evaluating GNUmed
and giving feedback via the mailing list.

> strange languages for me knowing just old style basic (not VB)
Actually, knowing plain Basic isn't all that bad if one
wants to pick up Python.

> and bash (I didn't programmed for 25 years, a lot has changed in this time
> :-))
Bash helps a lot in getting ones environment just right.

> I'm a GP working in Germany, using Quincy PC-Net. We could use an
> archiving tool - at the moment we're using a bash script I wrote, it works
> quite well, but - das Bessere ist der Feind des Guten.
Maybe you could sum up the use case you are solving with the
bash script (or, in other words, describe exactly what you
currently do to archive documents). This could live in our
Wiki. From that we could find out what it takes to ...

> Probably I train my python knowledge by
> adopting the gnumed archiving widgets for us,
... help you do this.

> We could use a good recall system, too, but if I'm not mistaken, gnumed
> has not implemented one yet.
That's right. What would a "good recall system" mean to you ?
Would you be willing to document this in our Wiki ?

Thanks,