[Gnumed-devel] bootstraping windows server

From: Ruthard Baudach
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] bootstraping windows server
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:44:57 +0200

I wanted to test the new 0.2.5 release on Windows, and downloaded the gnumed latest client and server. client set up worked perfect, server seemed to work as well, but left me with a gnumed_v2 database. there was a batch file for upgrade to v3, no for v4 and v5. I changed the update v2-v3.bat to upgrade.bat and used the conf files from the gnumed-client-latest.tar.gz to eventually upgrade the database step by step. Would be nice to add this to gnumed-server-latest.exe, and to add a note desplayed to the user to change the pg_hba.conf and pg_ident.conf files of postgresql. (Of course, that's in the wiki - it would just be nice;-)

@echo off
SET PYTHONPATH="%PYTHONPATH%;c:\PATH\TO\DIRECTORY\OF\SERVER"
if %1=="" echo "usage: update-db x x+1"

set PREV_VER=%1
set VER=%2
set LOG=update_db-v%PREV_VER%_v%VER%.log
set CONF=update_db-v%PREV_VER%_v%VER%.conf
set GM_CORE_DB=gnumed_v%VER%

echo ===========================================================
echo Bootstrapping GNUmed database.
echo ...
echo This will non-destructively transform a GNUmed database
echo of version v%PREV_VER% into a version v%VER% database.
echo ...
echo The name of the new database will be %GM_CORE_DB% .
echo ===========================================================
echo Dropping target database if there is any.

del %LOG%
echo bootstrapping database
c:\python24\python bootstrap_gm_db_system.py --log-file=%LOG% --conf-file=%CONF%

Now I am still not able to connect to my database - user any-doc with password any-doc postgresql returns: FATAL: Ident athentication failed for user "any-doc".

Ruthard

--
.odt - Dokumente gemäß ISO 26300
Siehe http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument