Re: [Gnumed-devel] compromed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] compromed
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 03:22:45 +0200

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 03:03:58PM +0200, Ruthard Baudach wrote:

> OK, My last email is already answered, sorry for sending it and bothering
> you. would have been nice :-).
> What's about APW-Linux as billing module?
We have a good contact into the APW-Linux team. There is
only one person working on the Linux port and therefor the
resources are limited there, too.

One sad thing: when I asked APW-Linux to provide a way for
external programs to tell APW to "open the billing form" for
a certain patient they flat-out refused to do so.

The idea was that in GNUmed there is a button [billing]
which, when pressed, would bring APW into the foreground,
open the same patient as in GNUmed and show the billing
widget.

We already got APW to activate the GNUmed patient in APW --
if it exists there already. However, they also refuse to
*create* patients from data which an external program (like
GNUmed) provides.

Sad but true.

But at least we can sort of tell APW to display the same
patient as in GNUmed.