Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 55, Issue 9

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 55, Issue 9
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:52:08 +0200

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 01:58:23PM +0200, Philipp Walderdorff wrote:

> > > and possibly the
> > > structure of billing-data (Datensatz der Abrechnungsdaten) for austria.
> >
> > I'd encapsulate that in your already-licensed software !
>
> I did not understand that: "encapsulate that in your already-licensed
> software"
>
> Would this mean: using my licensed Software to compute  the GnuMed-Data via
> Interface for billing-purpouse?
Yes.

GNUmed would deliver patient data to your program. Your
program would compute the bill.

> Or in other words: some other Gnumed-user would use my billing-modul to
> compute his data?
Yes, this is be possible if you want. You could even license
it to them if the interface is properly done.

> I'd rather would say: GnuMed would be licensed in Austria after having been
> adapted, possible through the knowledge of the code of my program.
That is another possibility but it will take more time and
require getting a new license. It will involve putting the
Austrian billing into a module and interfacing that anyway.

> This work would have been done by an austrian, who has got time and knowledge
> to do it.
Correct.