Re: [Gnumed-devel] update database - no problem

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] update database - no problem
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:09:02 +0200

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 11:50:20AM +0000, Syan Tan wrote:

> There was a post about trying to justify using xmin,
> which was something like "it isn't pretty enough".
Well, XMIN's pretty 'nuff for me at the moment. The thread
was mainly to let Dave (and the list archive) know that:

- yes we know XMIN can become a problem sometime later
- yes we know how to solve that
- yes we are open for patches to do so

> Actually, isn't having data cached at clients in database
> objects like having a replicated database when two or more
> clients have opened the same medical record.
multi-master, that is

> So if one
> could make it look pretty by implementing two-phase commit
> protocol amongst all the clients as well as the server.
That'd be possible but wouldn't exactly reduce complexity,
methinks ?