Re: [Gnumed-devel] Observations & questions about GNUmed

From: Dave Cramer
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Observations & questions about GNUmed
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 08:25:59 -0400

So where this all came from is: I'd possibly like to use the gnumed schema as the basis of an EMR. There are a number of tools which facilitate database access : hibernate for java, nhibernate for .NET SQLObject for python ( there may be others but I'm not familiar with python ), etc. The two variants of hibernate allow the use of optimistic locking. As far as I could tell xmin was the only thing that blocked my use of hibernate.

As I said: I am open to patches.

Not being a python guy, I'd be the wrong person to propose a patch. But being involved in other projects I empathize with your response.

Dave