Re: [Gnumed-devel] openSUSE rpm available

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] openSUSE rpm available
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 21:31:47 +0200

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 07:31:52PM +0200, Michael Schütt wrote:

> forward from doktor5000
> ###########
> Also die drei Pakete sind soweit abgeändert und fertig, funktioniert
> auch soweit.
> Nur erschließt sich mir momentan noch nicht so ganz, was denn nun mit
> dem Gnumed-Server ist?
> Kommt dazu noch ein Paket?
We don't have one (apart from the TGZ) yet.

> Muß man den nach wie vor von Hand
> installieren?
Yes, manual installation is still needed.

> Wo soll er hin? Ins Benutzerverzeichnis?
It doesn't really matter where the TGZ is downloaded and
unpacked to. I usually do so under /root/gnumed-server/. The
real installation of the *database* works by changing to
server/bootstrap/ and running

bootstrap-latest.sh:

        if you install the database for the first time or want a
        completely new database regardless of having an old one

upgrade-db.sh

        if you want to upgrade an existing database

Only then will the server installation be finished.

The script server/bootstrap/dh-install_gnumed_server.sh
gives a pretty good overview of what needs to be done in
sequence.