[Gnumed-devel] Server dependencies for Mac OS X

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Server dependencies for Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:51:21 -0800

thread was
        Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - on Mac OS X for real

Dave, even if you have postgres already installed, a machine's ability to run a GNUmed server will depend on the machine *also* having installed additional dependencies which, in the case of Debian, (*)buntu, SuSE and Mandriva are taken care-of by the net_install, whereas the installation of these additional dependencies on a Mac have not yet been scripted.

It is to the aforementioned net_install script that Karsten was referring when he wrote "we'd be happy to integrate... MacOSX" prompting Sebastian's counterpoint of whether the extra dependencies (plus Postgres) are best installed a "server Mac" by use of the gui packages.

Maybe for *limited* testing of the server (as opposed to a production environment) not all of the following Debian list are needed by Mac OS X?

gnumed-common postgresql postgresql-client cron anacron tar hostname coreutils mailx openssl bzip2 gnupg mc rsync python-psycopg2

This full list is pointed-to by the "here" link at

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ServerInstallUpgrade

at the end of the section "generic Linux and MacOSX: local install"