Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lab importing Re: Bootstrap of (test) lab data

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lab importing Re: Bootstrap of (test) lab data
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:25:44 +0100

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 11:09:23PM +1100, David Mackenzie wrote:

> If no-one else would like to do this task, I am happy to look into it with
> your guidance. I was only looking at Mirth (very briefly) the other day. Let
> me know if you would like me to help out. I am a J2EE/java developer who has
> been lurking on the GNUMed devel list for a while and thought that it was
> time that I should contribute something :-) I am familiar with most of the
> technologies in project Mirth (J2EE, JBoss, Web Services, XSLT, etc...)
> however, I am not that familiar with HL7 messgages but interested to learn.
>
> Is there someone that can give me a clear picture as to exactly what needs
> to be done.

- document how to setup Mirth on Debian/testing in general
  - beyond what is documented already elsewhere
  - content might go to our Wiki under, say LegacyAppConfiguration

- obtain sample hl7 data from Jim

- make Mirth pickup those file from a directory

- make Mirth "properly display" those files

- match hl7 content to target (GNUmed) database fields
  - once you have a list of which data I can fairly
    easily match them up and add necessary fields

- use Mirth facilities to map hl7 data into GNUmed fields

- document the above setup in the Wiki

- export the Mirth channel for inclusion in our CVS

> And I will see how I go. I may have a lot more questions as I go
> as I am not that familiar with the GNUMed codebase.
No problem.