Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ...

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ...
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 11:09:48 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
Issues with Hapi and James example data.

1) On a Mac (don't know about anything else) \n has to be translated to \r.
Not sure whether hapi is a Python thing but in that case one could use
the "universal newline" support by opening files with "rU".

HAPI is a set of Java classes - but no user interface etc last time I looked (a year or so ago) - basically you need to address the java API, which for Python applications is not very convenient - there is no wrapper or supervisor application that comes with HAPI (from memory, please correct me if I am wrong). I think there is a port to .NET underway. That's why I mentioned Mirth, which although is also written in Java, can be treated more as a stand-alone black box appliance with messaging, network and database interfaces, rather than a direct API.

Tim C