Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ...

From: Dave Cramer
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Mirth setup, versions etc was Lab importing ...
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:47:57 -0500

On 3-Feb-08, at 11:01 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
HAPI is a set of Java classes - but no user interface etc last time I
looked (a year or so ago) - basically you need to address the java API,
which for Python applications is not very convenient - there is no
wrapper or supervisor application that comes with HAPI (from memory,
please correct me if I am wrong). I think there is a port to .NET
underway. That's why I mentioned Mirth, which although is also written in Java, can be treated more as a stand-alone black box appliance with
messaging, network and database interfaces, rather than a direct API.

Dave's and your explanation made my understanding of Mirth/HAPI
much better, thanks.

So what do you think about Hapi ? I'm leaning towards doing a custom implementation. Mirth seems to have a pretty steep learning curve, and in the end is just a front end for Mule and Hapi

thoughts ?

dave