Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Possibility of a REST client and REST backend

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Possibility of a REST client and REST backend
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:17:19 +0100

> > Strategically (or at least tactically) the earlier interest is
> > identifying how we might get the Excelleris XML-wrapped HL7 lab data
> > into the GNUmed backend. It sounded like Richard might assist us
> > with that in a couple of weeks.
> OK, I can do this now. What I need help with is where to put the data.
> Is it possible for you to provide me with pseudo code which takes the
> Excelleris HL7 data and inserts it into the correct table?
>
> So for the pseudo code assume you have the HL7 parsed and make up
> variables with HL7 ish names.
>
> ie
>
> insert into foo (firstName .....) values (PID.patientFirstName....)

I have no more than passing knowledge of what HL7 actually contains. Give
me a list of the HL7 fields you deliver and what they mean. Then I can
tell you where to put them. It needn't be complete. Just something to
work with for now.

The above would sort of go like this:

insert into dem.names (
     firstnames, ...
) values (
     PID.patientFirstName, ...
)
where
     fk_identity = ...
;

fk_identity is a foreign key into dem.identity.

The schema is here for your reference:

 http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/DatabaseSchema

Preferably access the devel schema (v8).