Re: [Gnumed-devel] Possibility of a REST client and REST backend

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Possibility of a REST client and REST backend
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:53:12 +0100

> 2) it is not impossible that I could get the hospital to unblock some
> ports, from at least aa couple of computer locations in the hospital
One should assume so.

> 3) the machine I would use as a server has no competing need to host
> port 443, the server's purpose woould be purely to support the aZEMR
> (GNUmed) so if the GNUmed client would (via config file) go out
> through the hospital's proxy on port 443 and that would then, on
> hitting the server, get redirected to PostgreSQL, maybe that would
> solve any need if #1 and #2 above would not.
That will work.

Of course, GNUmed isn't Vista and GNUmed isn't "properly" split up into
frontend, persistence and application server. But it provides added value
to a couple of providers already.

And we always take care to not make data in the backend depend on any
specific client so anyone is free to write a better one as long as they
adhere to a few GP-typical paradigms (such as the concept of an active
encounter).