[Gnumed-devel] Schema question about dem.lnk_identity2ext_id

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Schema question about dem.lnk_identity2ext_id
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:56:02 -0800

If we use Kirk as an example, referring to his Patient Details:

ID type "Starfleet Serial Number"
        is a stored value of the field "name"
        in table dem.enum_ext_id_types

Value "SC937-0176-CEC"
        is a stored value of the field "external_id"
        in table dem.lnk_identity2ext_id

Issuer "Star Fleet Central Staff Office"
        is a stored value of the field "issuer"
        in table dem.enum_ext_id_types

And accordingly, if in British Columbia CA the most common and practical automatch criteria would involve patients' "Personal Health Number", for this we would want to match

        "external_id" in dem.lnk_identity2ext_id

where

        "issuer" in dem.enum_ext_id_types is "BC"

and

        "name" in dem.enum_ext_id_types is "Personal Health Number"

and (as a precaution, including against stolen numbers which happens in BC)

        one of (dob matches OR lastnames match)

BTW is it important, in building the SQL, to shorten names, for example should the Personal Health Number in GNUmed be entered shorter as "PHN"?