Re: [Gnumed-devel] requests manager logic (was Re: Schema question re la

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] requests manager logic (was Re: Schema question re labs)
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 09:02:33 -0800

On 9-Feb-08, at 8:29 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

For the record: the first iteration will have little in the way of
request handling and tracking.

Agreed

But request_id  (combined with fk_test_org) is defined in the schema
to have to be UNIQUE#1 NOT NULL.
Why, sure, this is us asserting: Our intent in devising
the schema was to concurrently have unique requests per lab.

The database then makes sure we honor that assertion. The assertion
may prove to be wrong or less-than-useful but at least the database
makes us rethink it should that become apparent.

I am not objecting, I am only saying that in order to honor the above, Canadian doctors would need a way to generate their own (internal) unique number to populate request_id.

Only if you decide
you *want* to track results via requests GNUmed will need to offer
that (I mean it makes sense but it ain't mandatory for the base operation
of the lab handling code).

Exactly :-)

`