Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lab importing Re: Bootstrap of (test) lab data

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lab importing Re: Bootstrap of (test) lab data
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 20:03:21 -0800

Oops, forgot you had since pointed this out :-)

On 22-Jan-08, at 3:33 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Also, if the external lab data comes without normal ranges
per value we may need to go soft on that and make the column
nullable.
It already is so we are good.

I do have a question though about the creation of an auto-created episode "lab data" when the original request had not been tracked in GNUmed (e.g. not being done in the praxis or an external copy is received)...

should the is_open boolean be set always to FALSE for such a record? I understand that in some situations of received results (say, partial results) the lab_request that has been auto-created could in fact have a status is_pending, but it seems there would be no real benefit to make such episodes "open", only the extra programming work of having to close them after the lab-request is finalized.