Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: start program 1st time

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: start program 1st time
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:01:39 +0100

Hi Leo,

(feel free to give us a few details on yourself if you wish,
 all I know is you are from the Dominican Republic ;-)

>  start program  1st time

This is looking much better. GNUmed now finds the config files. However,
it has trouble connecting to your local database:

> 2008-02-11 12:39:47  [WARN]
> (C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Gnumed\wxpython\gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>   login attempt 1/3 failed, useless to retry
> 2008-02-11 12:39:47  [WARN]
> (C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Gnumed\wxpython\gmAuthWidgets.py:address@hidden):
>   exception value: could not connect to server: Connection refused
> (0x0000274D/10061)
>       Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
>       TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

This message comes back from the libpq.dll. Are you sure you have
PostgreSQL properly running and listening on port 5432 of your computer?
You may need to check postgresql.conf and perhaps restart PostgreSQL
for any changes to take effect.

Further down GNUmed just reports a Python-logging-module-on-Windows bug:

> 2008-02-11 12:39:48  [PANIC]
> (C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Gnumed\wxpython\gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):
>   exception value: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Keep us posted on you progress !

Thanks,