[Gnumed-devel] Australian development of Open Source Practice Management

From: Armin Marth
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Australian development of Open Source Practice Management Software
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:07:35 +1100

Hi, my name's Armin Marth and I work for an Australian medical
practice software vendor, providing tech support to medical practices
on the national help-desk and on-site. Recently I have been been made
aware of some limitations of proprietary software, and I would like to
help in anyway I can in the development of open-source in the medical
industry in Australia.

I have formal knowledge in IT support on Windows, training in Linux
and Basic Programming and inside-out knowledge on how users (practice
managers / receptionists /  secretaries/ doctors) use practice
management systems along with the standards and the process of dealing
with Medicare Australia, Department of Veteran Affairs and Health
Funds.

I hope that my day to day use and contacts can help with development
for GnuMed to be used in Australia, and I believe that now, whilst
rolling out Easyclaim (Medicare EFTPOS), is the best window of
opportunity for this platform to grow.

Refer to the discussion from the Sydney Linux User Group (SLUG) which
I've uploaded on http://www.freewebs.com/gnumed-aus

I speak on behalf of myself as an individual and not as an employee of
any practice management software companies for my own interests and
the interests of the community.

Thanks