Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:20:08 -0700

On 31-Mar-08, at 1:28 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
For reviewed one could use a checkmark character. For
unreviewed one could use a crossed out checkmark. I haven't
found a single unicode codepoint with a crossed out
checkmark. So I figured to show a writing (signing) hand for
those results that need signing. Other candidates would be:

        http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2300/index.htm
        http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/237B/index.htm

I am not keen on Unicode 2300 (the first of these inks) as it is a null sign...

I actually kind of like the second one, which is a

        NOT CHECK MARK

PNG image

... IMO the above might be less ambiguous than the current signing hand, as the latter ambiguates

        sign this
        this has been signed
        write or attach a note or issue a communication

If you want to generate a screenshot of what "NOT CHECK MARK" would look like in a small grid, I could show both to a few clinical colleagues and report back their reactions :-)