[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed on Ubuntu

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed on Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 08:58:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Ideally Ubuntu would permit whatever is the newest (highest) GNUmed
release to be used.
It does. But only in the "testing" versions of Ubuntu, just like in Debian
itself.

I don't know Ubuntu from own experience but as I have heard Ububtu has
no such a thing like testing but rather "unstable" and you definitely should
regard it as it is named.  The reason is that Ubuntu development is done
by forking Debian "unstable" at one point in time and than stabilize this
to a final release.  So it depeneds from the point in time when you use
this how stable it works.  As a user I would stay away from this!

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de