[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.2.8.7 from Windows

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.2.8.7 from Windows
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 10:59:25 -0700

The .exe installed on XP without any problems.

I do notice that in the Windows application manager it does not matter what version of the client is installed, the client is only ever listed in the manager as gnumed-client 0.2 but perhaps additional detail is available somewhere else if Windows users would need to figure this out.

The client was able to get to the login screen and connect to salaam without any difficulty ie. without having to alter the Windows path.

I did later, after going back to the inbox and trying to open one of the messages, receive an "application not responding" error. After I quit out of GNUmed the machine prompted me to send a report to Microsoft. When I clicked the link to open the "technical information", the files that were listed were

C:\DOCUME~1\jb\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9f82.dir00\pythonw.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\jb\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9f82.dir00\appcompat.txt

As far as a log, I located in

   C:\Documents and Settings\jb\.gnumed

the file "gnumed" which I gather is the log (attached). I don't know why no .log extension is apparent in the Windows GUI (even right- click "properties" would not show this)