[Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Re: desiging GNUmed logo

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Re: desiging GNUmed logo
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 16:05:21 +0200

Betreff: Re: desiging GNUmed logo
Datum: Dienstag 27 Mai 2008
Von: Alice Sommer <address@hidden>
An: address@hidden

Hello again,

I apologise for the lack of contact, our class went on a week long
trip to Berlin, so I've only just had a chance to read your email and
work on the logo today. Our final class with Gijs is tomorrow and I've
attached the logo here so you can have a look (just a screenshot right
now, though I can send the vector if you'd like).

I avoided using cliche medical imagery as requested, and focused
instead on the recording and archiving aspect of GNUmed through a
simple folder shape - which nowadays signifies not only 'analogue'
archiving but digital as well. The gnu horns were added because they
are so characteristic and striking, as well as to reflect the
project's name and its free-software philosophy.

This was a fun challenge for me and I hope to hear your comments on it,

Alice Sommer

Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany
[www.gnumed.de]  -> PGP welcome, HTML ->/dev/null