Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:28:21 +0200

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:09:53PM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> The best answer to the above may be to be able to express the EMR as it
> existed for a particular patient at a certain point in time. If a
> patient last saw a doctor at 2PM August 5, 2008 and if the issue becomes
> what the doctor found, what the doctor advised, and what the doctor did
> as of 2PM on August 5, 2008 then it should be possible to provide an EMR
> export that expresses what was in the record at that point in time.
>
> In other words, if notes which were committed at 2PM were subsequently
> altered later on the same day, or at some later point in time when news
> of a complaint or adverse outcome surfaced, it would be important to be
> able to provide an EMR export that included the normally-hidden audited
> versions, along with time stamps.

That is technically entirely possible today. Just the GUI
doesn't support it so far.

The content is not provable, however, unless the dump was
taken and hashed and notarized at, say, 2:05pm August 5th
2008 and the question comes up at a later time.

However, if the question comes up on August 10th and we have
a notarized dump hash as of Augusth 8th all is well.