[Gnumed-devel] How to make the paper to EMR transition?

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] How to make the paper to EMR transition?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:16:19 -0300

So ... first of all: I LOVE GNUMED :)))

It is just what I was looking for and the comunity is great and Karsten is a mother :) in his atention to us all.

What I would like to know is how did the practisioners out there make the transition from paper records to EMR.

Is there any way to "fake" the date of the episode? Or is it intended to be "from here on, I will make records on the EMR"?

I wanted to start migrating EVERYTHING to EMR ... but is this supported ... say a layer in the timestamp so I would actually read that I treat Mr Fred since 2004 not since yesterday?

Thanks

Rogerio

PS: I understand I can make a PAST HYSTORY encouter and fill them in ... but is this the only way? If so, ok, but wanted to know anyways :)