Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document part does not exist in the database

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document part does not exist in the database
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:38:13 +0200

> I understand that the public database will permit guests (any-doc) to
> upload / add documents to any non-real patients in the database.
Correct. Actually, to any patient in that database.

> Whether the content makes any sense depends on what is uploaded by
> the user.
Yes, the fate of a public database :-)

> However, when being asked to sign (via the inbox) a
> document part which does not seem to exist, does it mean that the
> client software and/or the schema are missing some protection against
> a non-object having been added to a patient's file?
No, we explicitely allowed "empty" documents.

It may need to be further considered what - if any - sense it makes to
sign empty documents. It's not that hard to exclude them from auto-generating
pseudo-notifications.

> The example, in the current public v8 database (unless someone
> deletes an object) is for patient Holger Schmidt, a photo from 03/2008

Did you mean to add on to this sentence ?

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden