Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Office templates

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Office templates
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:50:35 +0200

> "Stock" GNUmed comes with connectivity to Open Office, but when a
> user first clicks
>
>       Correspondence > Write letter
>
> there are of course (at least at present) no templates.

Given successful and complete bootstrapping the should be exactly
ONE template !?

It is possible, however, that an investigative soul deleted that
one template from the public database (if that's where you drew
the above conclusion from).

> A few
> templates might be helpful to start people off, to give a better
> example of the value here.
Absolutely. It's just that

a) the currently implemented way of putting placeholder into the templates
was a bit more work than even I wanted to go to great lengths just for
demonstration :-)

b) there aren't *that* many placeholders implemented yet (however, there are
some and they are already in daily use by one of our deployed users)

The good news is that recently I found some Python code on the web which will
enable us to have way more user-friendly placeholders in the OOo templates. One
would then literally write in OOo:

--------------------------------

Dear $Title$ $Lastname$,

we should like to report on your last encounter:

Subjective:
 $soap_s$

Objective:
 $soap_o$

Assessment:
 $soap_a$

Remember we agreed on the following:

 $soap_p$

Currently it'd be more like "create a field of type placeholder, then set the
field name
to the placeholder name in GNUmed". Not really straightforward.

> If there were value to contributing a
> couple (like Referral letter and Sick note) where might these be
> uploaded and saved and should they be in some language-specific
> directory?

If they were intended as examples I'd include them in the server
bootstrapping directory.

> I am further thinking that such things would be in common to any open-
> source healthcare not just GNUmed.
Semantically, yes, but the actual instance is usually implementation
specific. But I am in no way adverse to sharing such things.

Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03