Re: [Gnumed-devel] /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf and 2008-08-27 log

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf and 2008-08-27 log
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:16:48 -0700

On 9-Sep-08, at 4:33 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

4. if the intent going forward is to include in .config filenames -
client and -server to reduce ambiguity I suggest that in 0.3.2 or 0.3.3
we may as well redefine the filename
        gnumed-public.conf to gnumed-client-public.conf
It's entirely dependant on what Andreas thinks is useful.

@Andreas: Personally I would do away with the -debug and
-public versions of script and conf file. Especially -debug

I see some value to gnumed-client-public.conf --- over and above that it may be part of Andreas' workflow to assist default client configuration --- in case it may simplify the latter. It could also show the difference between the configs and offers one with a single database connection which is easily altered or cloned to become a local reference copy. Maybe it is just angels dancing on the end of a pin (a "small point")... I only suggest, if it is kept, the name change to include -client- for consistency.