Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 Progress Note editor - won't allow "New" second

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 Progress Note editor - won't allow "New" second, concurrent note
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:00:46 -0700

Two complaints or requests which seem
- both unrelated to each other and
- seeming unrelated to any thus-far documented issues

... the patient can be new or maybe rarely came in before.

Apart from the use case which is legitimate, I hate when a button invites pushing but does nothing.

When the Progress notes editor currently opens, there is (by default) a new episode open in the right pane, and double-clicking a left- sided Active problem opens an additional tab.

If there is a limit to one (as-yet unnamed) new episode to be held open, then the "New" button seems to serve no function, since the first tab seems always to be "new episode" and if a second tab is opened from an existing left-sided episode and the entries in the "new episode" are saved by use of the Save button, that tab closes and a new tab named "new episode" again opens to the right of any existing tab. Accordingly the "New" button seems non-functional so should be commented out.

This leaves un-implemented a way to have 2 new issues being worked-on at the same time. The downside of having to save one-at-a-time would be that the first would have had to be committed already, and is then at risk of needing a second note in the same visit in order to add more to it. While this would irritate a solution I had in mind to for better Journal display, I can accept the constraint :-)