Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem connecting to a local database

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem connecting to a local database
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:04:01 -0700

On 22-Sep-08, at 1:10 PM, Joe Hildreth wrote:

Thinking that the client 0.2.8.10 was too old for the version 9 of the database, I changed the line in the pg_hba.conf to reflect v8 then I re-run the net install script and when prompted to update from v8 to v9 I told it no resulting in a message that it failed to update from v8 to v9. I ignored and tried to connect with the client and it told me it was expecting a v9 database if I recall correctly.

I believe you were on the right track, however I believe what you need to change is a line in your gnumed.conf or gnumed-client.conf file located in your invisible (hidden) folder

        /home/<user>/.gnumed/

and in this file to alter where it says

        [profile GNUmed database on this machine (Linux/Mac)]
        database = gnumed_v9

change _v9 into

        database = gnumed_v8