Re: [Gnumed-devel] BACKUP / RESTORE

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] BACKUP / RESTORE
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:19:31 -0200

I did it !!!

Had to open PgAdmin conect to a gnumed_v8 database and delete the v9

Then run the sript (left all the roles the way they were) and the restore worked.

the only thing is now I run the 0.3.5 client and get a message as it starts, after the login screen and before the "server language" windows:

-------------------------
There is a serious problem with the database settings:

 option [lc_messages] = [pt_BR.UTF-8] risks "suboptimal error detection"

You may have to contact your administrator for help.

Please consult the error log for all the gory details !
------------------------
Can´t find the log ;)

The program seems to freeze for about 1 minute then tells mne "Can´t find version information", but it is NOT on the internet, after this all goes well, it connects do DB and the DB seems fine (at least all my patients are ok)

Rogerio

2008/10/28 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 03:54:38PM -0200, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> But when trying to restore still can´t make it work. Complains about the DB
> already being active,
yes

> AND I can´t "dropdb gnumed_v9"
why / how ?

> (wich I guess is a good thing :)
It surely helps prevent accidents.

> /home/rogerio/GNUmed/GNUmed-v9/server# sh gm-restore_database.sh
> /home/rogerio/Desktop/backup-gnumed_v9-GNUmed_Team-casa-deb-2008-10-28-15-11-55.tar.bz2

This is a whole database backup. Good.

> ==> Checking for existence of target database gnumed_v9 ...
>     ERROR: database gnumed_v9 already exists, aborting

But GNUmed refuses to restore a gnumed_v9 database if you
already have one. Better to be safe than sorry.

> What am I doing wrong now ?

You need to drop the database before restoring. Or rename it.

>  ;) and besides, IF I let all the roles in there will it be much of a
> problem?

This much depends on what else you are using GNUmed for.

> I guess I need only "any-doc" "gm-dbo" and "rogluz" (my account)
> and all the "gnumed_vX" roles ??

plus "gm-logins" and "gm-doctors" etc

E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346