[Gnumed-devel] gnumed going into production

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed going into production
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:06:50 +0100

Hi all,

Now that we have established that GNUmed client and server setup is no black
magic any more I have a suggestion for going from demo to production.

I am talking about Linux here first. If a user decides that he or she can do
something useful with GNUmed they need to

a) get rid of demo data
b) get rid of demo users
c) activate new database users

I put this up for discussion. I propose the gm-bootrstrap.sh script get a
modification

a) it should look for two cli options eg. demo and live
a1) if live is selected it should sed all conf scripts and change to
interactive=yes
a2) if demo is selected it should run as is.

If we do it that way we are sure that the user will be prompted for gm-dbo
password which will be needed to activate new database users later from the
GNUmed gui.

b) please factor out the bootstrap of demo data and demo users. Even if in
interactive mode demo data bootstraping seems to be dafault. The admin might
want to not bootstrap demo data and/or demo users.

If no demo users are bootstrapped there seems to be no way to login into
gnumed to activate new users as gm-dbo seems not to be a user which has
access to gnumed.

Is there a way around this ?

--
Sebastian Hilbert