Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed going into production

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed going into production
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:15:39 +0100

On Mittwoch 21 Januar 2009, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:06:50PM +0100, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:
> > a) get rid of demo data
>
> Why would this be of such big importance ? For nearly all
> use cases it may suffice to simply "delete" those patients.

As far as I know there is no complete delete unless done via sql. For some
users it might be sufficient to inactivate the patient but why would we want
to tell a potential admin/user to remove a film character. If anything goes
wrong in this process then there might be a backdoor left open in production.

> > b) get rid of demo users
>
> In fact, one demo user is needed to:
> > c) activate new database users

I know.

> Only then can the original "demo" user be gotten rid of.
>
> > b) please factor out the bootstrap of demo data
>
> Uhm, like, just the way it is now ?

As far as I know even in interactve mode I have not been asked explicetly for
the demo data. It was bootstrapped very early when I answered yes to a bunch
of other thing to bootstrap.

If this is wrong please lay out how to disable bootstraping the demo data. I
guess it is a question of commenting it in some file.

> > and demo users.
>
> You need one user to be able to connect and create other
> users at all.

Is there a way to bootstrap any-doc or the like only which can then be
inactivated ? If not I might have to setup a Wiki page and tell people to get
rid of test-nurse and the likes.

> > If no demo users are bootstrapped there seems to be no way to login into
> > gnumed to activate new users as gm-dbo seems not to be a user which has
> > access to gnumed.
> >
> > Is there a way around this ?
>
> Not from within GNUmed.
>
> A script can be written to add a GNUmed user from the
> command line, though.

This would be nice.

--
Sebastian Hilbert