[Gnumed-devel] Re: Release 0.4.0 is out

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Release 0.4.0 is out
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:53:36 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Not much. It contains the new /usr/bin/gnumed shell script.
The prerequisites checking has been improved to list all of
them in one run, and more concisely, too.

OK.

How easy is it to move a package from experimental to
unstable ?  If it is nothing more than the uploader deciding
where to place it and re-upload to unstable when she sees
fit then I would suggest this:

It's very easy.  Just mention the target distribution in the
changelog entry (either unstable or experimental) nothing else.

- build 0.4.0 debs
- upload to experimental
- wait the remaining 9 days for 0.3.12 to move to testing
- then re-upload 0.4.then-x to unstable

OK, I'll do this.

This way, people will "auto-get" the latest, very-stable 0.3
and can then decide whether to put the 0.3 package on hold
for a while for 10 more days.

Otherwise I would just wait the 9 days before uploading
0.4.x.

Hmmm, I wanted to update the server package as well and this
might last some days longer because more testing is needed.
If this might take me 10 days anyway ...

That will give you a few more days to work on the 0.4
packages, BTW ;-)

Yes. ;-)

I do but the screenshot feature is (intended to be)

a) a debugging tool and
b) our poor-man's printout generator ;-)

Sure.  I just stumbled upon the term screenshot...
It might be a good idea to add one or two screenshots of
GNUmed to the site I mentioned if you have the images anyway
(not because of the new feature but on your website).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de