Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medscribbler Commercial Physician Office EMR Goes Op

From: Allan MacKinnon
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medscribbler Commercial Physician Office EMR Goes Open Source ?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:20:56 -0300

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
http://linuxmednews.com/1236974835

Two comments.

Will be intersting to see if they actually release something useful.

Yes it will.

Look at their price tag. A hosted server is $535 per month ??? What doctor has
that kind of money.

I laughed a little when you said "What doctor has that kind of money", but considering when you mention next...

In Germany support comes in at around $100 a month which
includes regular updates on the billing engine.

The pro version to buy is $5899 ? There is hardly any German practice software
which costs that kind of money and I am pretty sure with all the forms we have
to print the systems in the German market are not worth than the Medscribbler
one.

...they are asking for a lot just the same.  I can only guess that these people have real confidence in their software or are prepared to gouge technically-illiterate hospital directors and doctors.

This either means. I got it all wrong or US physicians earn a lot more than
doctors in Germany.

In Canada, a General Practitioner usually makes $120,000 to start.  Can't say much about the USA

Lets see. It is Windows only and seems to depend on Microsoft SQL server.

Sebastian

If it can't run on Linux it's no use to me.