[Gnumed-devel] Medscribbler Commercial Physician Office EMR Goes Open So

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Medscribbler Commercial Physician Office EMR Goes Open Source ?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 16:29:09 +0100

http://linuxmednews.com/1236974835

Two comments.

Will be intersting to see if they actually release something useful.

Look at their price tag. A hosted server is $535 per month ??? What doctor has
that kind of money. In Germany support comes in at around $100 a month which
includes regular updates on the billing engine.

The pro version to buy is $5899 ? There is hardly any German practice software
which costs that kind of money and I am pretty sure with all the forms we have
to print the systems in the German market are not worth than the Medscribbler
one.

This either means. I got it all wrong or US physicians earn a lot more than
doctors in Germany.

Lets see. It is Windows only and seems to depend on Microsoft SQL server.

Sebastian