[Gnumed-devel] Re: openemr 3.0.0 released

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: openemr 3.0.0 released
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:46:41 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Allan MacKinnon wrote:

I agree completely and I have begun watching the MOTU YouTube tutorials on how
to make DEB packages.
The instructions I make are a temporary solution until I can find the time to
flesh out real packages.

Great.  You are welcome to ask technical questions on <address@hidden>.

I'm planning on using the Mediawiki package in the Ubuntu repos as my guide
since it's PHP-based and
uses a web-based installer.

Using a "similar example" is always a clever idea.  BTW, while I'm not against a
package in Ubuntu I'd recommend to target at a package in Debian first.  Moving
it to Ubuntu then might be done more or less automatically and you are done for
two distributions.

The only thing getting in the way are my 'real life' obligations which keep me
very busy and
distracted.

I know this perfectly. ;-)

Good luck