[Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Debian Packaging Drive

From: Allan MacKinnon
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Debian Packaging Drive
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 21:28:48 -0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: K.S. Bhaskar <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, May 3, 2009 at 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: Debian Packaging Drive
To: Allan MacKinnon <address@hidden>

Thanks for writing, Allan and thanks for your interest.

I did have a discussion with some Debian folks a couple of years ago.  It takes an existing GT.M binary to build GT.M - i.e., it is bootstrapped (not unlike gcc- you have to have a gcc in order to compile a gcc).  They understood the issue technically, but didn't seem comfortable with the idea.  So, GT.M probably can't be pushed up to the Debian repositories.

In any case, I do plan to package GT.M as a .deb file myself, but I'm probably about a month away from having the bandwidth to do so.

Regards
-- Bhaskar