[Gnumed-devel] Bug ... or not ?

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Bug ... or not ?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:15:03 -0300

I was just wondering about the "search patient" field...

At least in my setting when I click on the field after I already have a patient active the field blinks selecting the hole field and then the cursor appears where I clicked (so far so good) but I can´t manage to select the HOLE FIELD when I say double-click it...

Of course it is not a "bug" in the way not connecting to DB is, but it would be nice if when I clicked the search field the HOLE FIELD got selected, so I could just type in the new name, seems to me this is more common than the need to edit a curent field (as I change more paients who do NOT have remotely the same name in my practice)

Let´s take for example the google.com search field ... if I click it ONCE it will give me the cursor, if I click it TWICE it gives me the HOLE FIELD selected ... so after I searched for "Kirk and Startrek" a wanted to search for "Kirk and Starbucks" I click ONCE on the field (after star*) and if after searching for "Kirk and Startrek" I want to search for "Chewbacca and Solo" I would click the field twice and it would make it easier.

:-)

A loooooong explanation for a simple feature :)

Rogerio

PS: If all this already exists and the problem is my Toshiba Laptop ... disconsider this e-mail :)