[Gnumed-devel] Re: Kirk's EMR tree episode "postop infected laceration..

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Kirk's EMR tree episode "postop infected laceration..."
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:01:28 -0700

EMR tree statistics: count of problems:

Each active problem is counted but, when it has an active episode, the episode is also counted. Accordingly if a patient has 4 foundational issues and, of these, two have an active episode, the patient is counted as having 6 problems. IMO if the patient has lupus, and they have presently lupus nephritis, I think it is acceptable to be counting this as one problem because in managing the nephritis you are managing the lupus and, if the lupus has other components needing active management (lupus cerebritis, lupus autoimmune thrombocytopenia) our deliberate design limit of one active episode per foundational health issue would require episodes of these other problems to be created and managed under Unattributed episodes and only moved under Lupus when they were being closed.

this is not really a bug, more a definition, but shall I file it at launchpad under "Low" or "Wishlist" (or is there reluctance to change it)?