[Gnumed-devel] Exim Kde Debian Postfix

From: Geordie
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Exim Kde Debian Postfix
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:43:11 -0400

Hi
I have been considering installing a groupware program for calendar and
contact address sharing.  I looked at several and came across Kolab. I thought
it was a logical choice for I have KDE 4.2.4 installed along with Kdepim.
However the Kolab server wants to install postfix and remove all of the exim
programs. This information came about via apt-get. My question is how
important is exim to gnumed? It was installed with gnumed server, I think.
Can postfix be used in its place?
Or should I look at another groupware program?
Any suggestions?
As a side note what is exim linked to in gnumed?
Thanks
Geordie