[Gnumed-devel] EMR tree... facilitating copying?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] EMR tree... facilitating copying?
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 09:31:28 -0700

In the right pane of the EMR tree is helpful text that is just waiting to be copied to the clipboard in order to be pasted into correspondence. This includes both the EMR summary, and individual notelet notes.

There is no place (presently) within the EMR tree plugin to place buttons... I had been thinking

        Copy contents to clipboard and open new (  ) Letter    (  ) Text editor

or even just

        Copy contents

which, if it were positioned above the right plane, would make the target adequately implied. However I misremembered that there would be a top margin into which to put such buttons (which there is not).

The menus might do this, however they would only sometimes be contextually relevant.

It is true that it can all be accomplished individually, mine is only a thought (and would maybe hint to the user who did not realize the design intent to make such patient data easily re-usable.

PS under Correspondence, is there a weak but real argument to add a plain text editor to the menu, maybe
        Write plain text

either under Correspondence, or under Tools (maybe the user would keep track of what they were doing, for the purpose of a bug report)??